Sandra Sha, M.D. is a board certified radiation oncologist who graduated residency at Harvard Joint Center for Radiation Therapy in 2002. She successfully completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Harvard’s Mount Auburn Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts in 1998. She attended medical school at Tufts University School of Medicine after successfully obtaining her Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Biology at the University of California, Berkeley where she graduated in the top 10% of her class with Distinction in General Scholarship and on the Dean’s Honor Roll.
Dr. Sha has served in various leadership positions including Service Chief of Radiation Oncology at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, Board Member of the American Cancer Society West Polk Unit, Board Member of the American Cancer Society East Polk Unit, Board Member of the Central Florida Cancer Institute Foundation, and Medical Advisor for the American Cancer Society. She has also served as Event Chair for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
Dr. Sha has been involved in a number of research projects, presentations, and peer reviewed publications related to her work in breast cancer including results from her breast cancer work at the San Antonio Breast Conference in 2010, presentation at American Brachytherapy Society in San Diego in 2011, publication in the Red Journal in 2012, presentation at the ABS/ESTRO World Congress Brachytherapy meeting in Barcelona, Spain in 2012, and Presentation at the annual American Brachytherapy Society meeting in 2013. Her work on Mammogram Impact on Survival of Elderly Breast Cancer Patients was presented at the American Society of Breast Surgeons in Orlando in 2015.
Dr. Sandra Sha has been honored as a Distinguished Physician by the Florida Medical Association two years in a row, won the “Leading Physicians of the World” award in 2013, was honored with the “Most Compassionate Physician award in 2012, won the Patient’s Choice Award in 2011 as well as “Top Oncologist in Florida Award” in 2014. She won “Most Compassionate Doctor Award” five years in a row ending in 2015. She is frequently featured as the keynote speaker in a variety of large events. She has been featured on ABC News, ABC Action News, and PG TV programming.
- 2017: Patient’s Choice Award, Florida’s Favorite Physicians
- Compassionate Doctor Award: 2016: Patient’s Choice Award, Florida’s Favorite Physicians
- Compassionate Doctor Award: 2015: Patient’s Choice Award, Florida’s Favorite Physicians
- Compassionate Doctor Award: 2014: Top Oncologist in Florida Award (www.toponcologistinflorida.com)
- Best Oncologist in Florida Award (www.bestoncologistinflorida.com)
- 2013: Leading Physicians of the World Award, International Association
- 2012: Most Compassionate Physician Award
- 2011: Patient’s Choice Award, Florida’s Favorite Physicians
- Compassionate Doctor Award: 2010: Patient’s Choice Award, Florida’s Favorite Physicians
- Compassionate Doctor Award: 2008: Medical Advisor, American Cancer Society
- 2007: Distinguished Physician, Florida Medical Association
- 2006: Distinguished Physician, Florida Medical Association