Your First Visit
We know you have a lot of questions about your first visit to the Central Florida Cancer Institute. What should you expect? What should you ask? What should you bring? We will guide you through the process and will connect you with people and resources who will help make your journey easier.
What to Expect
On your first visit to the Central Florida Cancer Institute, we will review your materials, conduct an examination, and discuss your case and treatment plan with you. It’s a good idea to bring along a spouse, family member, or other trusted friend to help absorb the information and/or take notes, so you can remain focused on the conversation.
What to Ask
Please don’t be afraid to ask anything! Here are some questions you can ask your doctor that has been recommended by the American Cancer Society:
- Would you please write down the exact kind of cancer I have?
- What treatment options are there?
- What do you recommend? Why?
- What is the goal of this treatment?
- What are the risks or side effects that I should expect?
- Will I be able to have children after my treatment?
- Will I lose my hair? If so, what can I do about it?
- What are the chances my cancer will come back with the treatment we have discussed?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
- Should I follow a special diet?
What to Bring
- List of current medications
- Insurance card(s)