The Central Florida Cancer Institute team of doctors are highly recognized medical professionals with years of experience, dedicated to providing the most advanced cancer care available anywhere in an atmosphere of caring compassion.
Meet Dr. Sandra Sha, M.D.
Dr. Sandra Sha
Sandra Sha, M.D. is a board-certified radiation oncologist who graduated residency at Harvard Joint Center for Radiation Therapy in 2002.
Dr. Sha has served in various leadership positions including Service Chief of Radiation Oncology at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, Board Member of the American Cancer Society West Polk Unit, Board Member of the American Cancer Society East Polk Unit, Board Member of the Central Florida Cancer Institute Foundation, and Medical Advisor for the American Cancer Society. She has also served as Event Chair for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
Dr. Sha has been involved in a number of research projects, presentations, and peer reviewed publications related to her work in breast cancer including:
- Breast cancer work at the San Antonio Breast Conference.
- Presentation at American Brachytherapy Society in San Diego.
- Publication in the Red Journal.
- Presentation at the ABS/ESTRO World Congress Brachytherapy meeting in Barcelona, Spain.
- Presentation at the annual American Brachytherapy Society meeting.
- Her work on Mammogram Impact on Survival of Elderly Breast Cancer Patients was presented at the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
Medical School & Residency
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, 1998-2002: Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Medical School 1997: Tufts University School of Medicine
- Internship, Internal Medicine, 1997-1998: Mount Auburn Hospital
Dr Sha graduated in the top 10% of her class with Distinction in General Scholarship and on the Dean’s Honor Roll and is She is frequently featured as the keynote speaker in a variety of large events. She has been featured on ABC News, ABC Action News, and PG TV programming.
- America’s Most Honored Doctors – Top 1% 2022
- 2020, 2021 Vitals Patient Choice
- 2020, 2021 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2021, 2022 Top Rad Onc
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Patients’ Choice
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Compassionate Doctor
- America’s Most Honored Doctors – Top 1% 2021
- Patients’ Choice 2021
- Compassionate Doctor 2021
- On-Time Physician Award – 2021
- Patients’ Choice 5 Year Honoree 2020
- Compassionate Doctor 5 Year Honoree 2020
- America’s Most Honored Doctors 2020 – Top 1%
- Compassionate Doctor 2020.
- On-Time Physician Award – 2020
Patients’ Choice 2020